How To Add Social Share Buttons To Your Blog
This post may contain affiliate links. That means we may make a small commission on items purchased through links in this post at no extra cost to you!
One critical mistake I see so many new bloggers make is not having noticeable share buttons on their blogs or even any share buttons at all! If you don’t make it easy for your readers to share your content, guess what? It won’t get shared! But I understand that it isn’t all your fault, sometimes you just need someone to show you how to add social share buttons to your blog. And girl, I’ve got you covered!
How To Add Social Share Buttons To Your Blog:
1st: Install the Sumo plugin
- To install the Sumo plugin go to the plugin tab and click “add new”.
- Search “sumo”
- Locate the sumo plugin by SumoMe
- Click install now
- Then click activate!
2nd: Make an account.
- Click on the Sumo tab now located towards the bottom of your sidebar.
- Select “connect” and create an account.
- Click on my apps.
3rd: Activate the share buttons.
- Hover over the social tab and click on “share” from the drop down menu.
- Don’t pay for a plan! When their plan options pop up, simply click the x in the top.
- Click activate now.
4th: Configure your social share buttons.
- Drag whichever share options you want to add over to the “Selected Services” box.
- Choose how to sort the buttons, and how many will appear. I have all 6 shown.
- Choose colors, sizes, and shapes. (I would use at least medium!)
- Save and then choose where to place them on desktop and mobile for your site in the “layout” tab. Save.
You can explore around with the other tabs but that’s all you really need to do! Now you have large noticable share buttons for your readers to use and share your posts!
P.s. Join the tribe and get my free printable monthly blog planner sent right to your inbox and start killing it every month!