This post may contain affiliate links. That means we may make a small commission on items purchased through links in this post at no extra cost to you!
Naming my blog was probably the hardest and most stressful step in starting a blog for me!
I spent weeks going back and forth on names, checking availability, and being disappointed when the name I had finally come to love was unavailable!
After weeks and weeks of brainstorming and throwing ideas off my mom, I finally came up with Life on Waller. (Waller being the street I live on.) It felt personal and left me with room to grow and the option to explore what I really wanted to write about without being nailed down to one niche.
When trying to come up with a blog name I felt like I just needed help and I couldn’t find it! That is why I put together this worksheet filled with specific questions and prompts sure to get those creative juices flowing and guide you to the perfect blog name!
- Take your time, don’t rush it!
- Create a name you love. If your name is just “good enough” it is bound to bug the heck out of you soon enough, so search for something you love!
- Keep it simple! Try to avoid names that are too long or intentionally spelling words wrong. You want something that is easy for your readers to remember and is easy to find!
- Use your own name! I loved Cassiejean.com but it was already taken. Don’t forget that your own name is also a good option for a blog name especially if you’re starting a lifestyle blog or want to build a brand around yourself!
- Don’t let this stress you out. Yes, you want your name to represent you and your content well, and you want to absolutely love your name. But don’t let this process of creating a name hold you back from starting a blog. You can always change it later! So put in some thought, create a name, and move on!
Download The Worksheet!
Good luck on your blogging journey! I’d love to hear the names you come up with so feel free to add them to the comments below!
If you’ve found your perfect blog name but aren’t sure what to do next, check out my guide to creating a profitable blog! I will show you step by step how I created my own profitable blog and can help you create one too! Happy blogging!
Read my January blogging income report here.
Read my complete step by step guide to starting your own blog here!
Get My Free 15-Page Printable Mom Planner!
After becoming a stay-at-home mom, I felt like I had lost myself. I had no control over my life, no interests or hobbies and my husband was out progressing in life while I was at home stagnant.
After starting my blog, I was able to take my life back and still be the mom I want to be. I realized that you don't have to choose YOU or motherhood.
Now I'm focused on helping moms just like me create their dream lives without sacrificing motherhood.
Get my FREE 15-page Printable Mom Planner to help you to stop stressing, get organized, and start your journey to live a life you love.
I'll see you in your inbox.😉
Maria Janice Gomez
I love this sounds really familiar I was going through depression then started thinking alot about blogging it helped me get out of that state of mind. It’s taking me some time to figure out my niche but I love my life and I’ve been thinking i could name my blog vidadejanice(spanglish for life of janice) I love to share stuff about my life and as a mother