This post may contain affiliate links. That means we may make a small commission on items purchased through links in this post at no extra cost to you!
Naming my blog was probably the hardest and most stressful step in starting a blog for me!
I spent weeks going back and forth on names, checking availability, and being disappointed when the name I had finally come to love was unavailable!
After weeks and weeks of brainstorming and throwing ideas off my mom, I finally came up with Life on Waller. (Waller being the street I live on.) It felt personal and left me with room to grow and the option to explore what I really wanted to write about without being nailed down to one niche.
When trying to come up with a blog name I felt like I just needed help and I couldn’t find it! That is why I put together this worksheet filled with specific questions and prompts sure to get those creative juices flowing and guide you to the perfect blog name!
- Take your time, don’t rush it!
- Create a name you love. If your name is just “good enough” it is bound to bug the heck out of you soon enough, so search for something you love!
- Keep it simple! Try to avoid names that are too long or intentionally spelling words wrong. You want something that is easy for your readers to remember and is easy to find!
- Use your own name! I loved Cassiejean.com but it was already taken. Don’t forget that your own name is also a good option for a blog name especially if you’re starting a lifestyle blog or want to build a brand around yourself!
- Don’t let this stress you out. Yes, you want your name to represent you and your content well, and you want to absolutely love your name. But don’t let this process of creating a name hold you back from starting a blog. You can always change it later! So put in some thought, create a name, and move on!
Good luck on your blogging journey! I’d love to hear the names you come up with so feel free to add them to the comments below!
If you’ve found your perfect blog name but aren’t sure what to do next, check out my guide to creating a profitable blog! I will show you step by step how I created my own profitable blog and can help you create one too! Happy blogging!