Video Tutorial: How to Create Instagram Highlight Covers For Free in Canva
This post may contain affiliate links. That means we may make a small commission on items purchased through links in this post at no extra cost to you!
Instagram rolled out a new feature later in 2017 called Highlights. You know those circle icons under everyone’s bios? Those are highlights! You’ve probably seen them all over Instagram, and now to add to the visual world that Instagram is, users are using them to add to their overall brand and theme using specially made highlight covers. And I’m going to show you how you can make your own beautiful Instagram Highlight covers for free using Canva!
Follow me on Instagram here!
What are Instagram Highlights?
Instagram Highlights are a newer archive feature that allows you to create and organize specific groups of stories and highlight them on your profile even after they expire.
So now your normal stories that expire after 24-hours can stay live long after the 24-hour mark right in your profile.
Why Use Highlights?
All the benefits of stories and more! Highlights combine all the benefits listed below of using IG stories with the advantage that they last longer than the normal 24 hours.
Better user experience. By enabling you to categorize specific stories together, you’re letting your followers choose specifically what they want to see. And gives them an opportunity to see stories they missed!
The Benefits of Instagram Stories:
- More candid content. You can share valuable content with your followers without always waiting for “the perfect” photo or video because they won’t clutter up your profile.
- More value, less clutter! Stories allow you to treat your profile like portfolio showcasing your best images and evergreen content. While still being a great resource to your followers.
- More eyes on your stuff! Stories are more likely to be seen than your actual posts because of Instagram’s algorithm.
- Drive more traffic to your site using links! Your followers only have to swipe up to follow your link rather than head to your profile and click on a link.
- Eye-catching posts! Stories allow you to have eye-catching call to actions, info, or questions using doodles, text, and stickers!
- More engagement. Your followers can send you a message or answer a question right from the stories using the text box or can answer using a poll you create!
Why create covers for your highlights?
We all know Instagram is all about visuals and these highlights give us another opportunity to add to that and create a cohesive brand and Instagram theme throughout our account.
Watch the Tutorial: How to create Instagram Highlight Covers for Free in Canva.
Leave me your Instagram handle so I can check out your new highlight covers down in the comments! And don’t forget to get your free monthly blog planner and blogging resources by signing up for our email list below!