No Hair Tie Braid Hair Tutorial
This post may contain affiliate links. That means we may make a small commission on items purchased through links in this post at no extra cost to you!
This no hair tie braid is the perfect hair hack that removes the eyesore of an elastic or hair tie while still secure enough to last all day! This braid is the perfect hairstyle for going to the beach, a pool party, or just to add a little bohemian vibe to your look.
What You’ll Need:
- Nothing! All you need for this no hair tie braid is the ability to braid that’s it!
While this magic no elastic braid hack requires no tools or supplies to do, there are a few products that can help add to the look and insure your braid lasts all day.
Tools to Help:
- Texture Spray – Will help the braid have more grip to stay all day, especially if you have really soft, smooth hair.
- Curling Iron or 3 Barrel Waver – I find that these braids look the very best when the rest of the hair is either curled or waved! My favorite is this curling iron or this 3 barrel waver!
While no prep is actually needed to do this braid, here are a few of my best tips for the best results!
- If you plan to wave or curl your hair, I highly suggest you do it before adding in the braid. This also insures the the ends of the braid will also be curled or waved to match the rest of your hair.
- Use texture spray all over your hair before adding in the braid. This will help your waves or curls stay better and help the braid to stay. Using the texture spray after the braid is in place is basically useless to add it in before!
How I Curl My Hair:
I get the question of how I curl my hair all the time!
While I have a couple different ways I curl my hair, since I’m a mom of 3 boys, my go-to method is also the fastest method. You can watch my 2 minute IG-TV tutorial here!
Now, on to the braid tutorial!
Watch The No Hair Tie Braid Tutorial:
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram with your braid looks! I’d love to see them! Tag me @CassScroggins